NewsTrain workshop at Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Milwaukee NewsTrain will offer a full day of digital training on Friday, Sept. 27, 201, at the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, 333 W. State; Milwaukee, WI 53203. New, two separate management-track courses are available in the morning.
Full-day NewsTrain sessions include:
- Developing a data mindset and use it to improve daily work
- Mobile newsgathering with your smartphone
- Making the smart choices in how to pitch and tell a story
- So, you have an idea for a podcast
- Using audience analytics to get your story read
Morning management track sessions include:
- Having difficult conversations
- Managing change in the newsroom
Early bird registration is just $75, until Aug. 30, when it becomes $85.
You Will Learn How To:
- Identify a data set from your beat that will likely produce a story, and sort and filter in Excel to locate a potential story.
- Try out the right apps to use your smartphone to shoot photos, record interviews, dictate stories and go social.
- Discover the best ways to find, pitch, tell and deliver a story.
- Explore the basics and best practices of podcasting to find the balance between innovative podcast storytelling and the investment in time, expertise and money.
- Move beyond pageviews to make analytics work for you. With the reader/listener as the focus, uncover the best tools.
» Register here