WisPolitics.com post-election party in Madison
Wisconsin State Capitol building,
Join WisPolitics.com for a post-election party running from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 8 at the Madison Club.
This bipartisan gathering will help the victors celebrate and the losers cope as the Wisconsin political community transitions into the holiday season and the next legislative session.
The party is free to WisPolitics.com subscribers and members. Others pay a fee of $30 each.
Special guests include:
- Gov. Scott Walker (invited) and state Schools Superintendent Tony Evers (invited)
- Katie Harbath, Global Politics and Government Outreach Director at Facebook, a UW-Madison graduate and a member of the Center for Journalism Ethics advisory board at UW who previously worked in national Republican politics.
- Kathleen Bartzen Culver, director of CJE, who will introduce Ms. Harbath.
- Political strategists Tanya Bjork on the Democratic side and Michelle Litjens on the Republican side.
- And the WisOpinion Insiders, former legislative leaders Scott Jensen and Chuck Chvala.
- Plus an appearance by NPR’s David Folkenflik.
- 5 p.m.: Reception
- 6 p.m.: Political panel on the election results with Democratic strategist Tanya Bjork, former GOP state Rep. Michelle Litjens, and the WisOpinion Insiders, former legislative leaders Chuck Chvala, a Dane County Democrat, and Scott Jensen, a Waukesha County Republican.
- 7 p.m.: Kathleen Bartzen Culver, director of UW-Madison Center for Journalism Ethics introduces CJE board member and Facebook executive Katie Harbath.
- 7:15 p.m.: Remarks from Harbath followed by audience questions
- 8 p.m. Remarks from elected officials