Come join The River Valley Media Group! Not only are we the region’s trusted news source on a local level, we are also a digital advertising organization with a goal to help local businesses reach their audiences to grow and thrive.
The Account Executive role requires a highly personable, intelligent individual with the ability to lead digitally focused sales efforts while maintaining an energetic, strategic and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Sell integrated marketing solutions in digital and print business offerings, and demonstrate an understanding of all solutions, must be able to articulate our products and their value propositions to customers.
- Full accountability and responsibility for meeting & exceeding monthly revenue targets and KPI’s.
- Actively manage relationship by reporting campaign results to ensure client satisfaction and identity follow-up opportunities for up-sell and cross-sell.
- Develop and work a solid pipeline of potential customers’ growth within existing base; produce accurate forecasts.
- Identify customer needs to develop and execute account plans and custom client solutions that differentiate River Valley Media Group from competitors.
- Ability to develop structured storylines for presentations and starts from insights and uses these to develop materials.
- Understanding of the digital marketing landscape, including benchmarks, third-party tools, and the competitive landscape
- Understand each client and their unique business needs in order to provide ROI-impactful solutions.
- Exhibits technical competency, creating client-ready proposals in PowerPoint, etc.
- Enjoys creative thinking and problem solving; Excellent verbal communication skills for managing building, sustaining, and growing client relationships.
- Has deep understanding of local market and competitive landscape.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- Strong business development focus, willing to prospect and uncover new potential digital advertisers and drive to develop opportunities from prospect level through to deal close.
- An understanding and passion for the digital world we live in including social media and digital advertising.
- Individually driven to work in a highly competitive environment where success is the only option.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a very structured environment.
- Relentless persistence in a competitive marketplace.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
What’s in it for you? A sign-on bonus of up to $5,000 and a best in class compensation program (unmatched commission plan with No CAP). We offer great health benefits, cell phone and mileage reimbursement, training opportunities and a fun and terrific team atmosphere that will support and grow your talents.