Hometown News Limited Partnership is seeking news reporters and assistant news editors for our local community newspapers. We publish nine community newspapers in beautiful southern Wisconsin, minutes from downtown Madison, the state capital and home of the University of Wisconsin.
News reporters will report on our area communities and assist the managing editors of our weekly newspapers.
- Covering municipal boards, schools, education, police/courts and other community stories, including news, features and other events of interest in our readership area through reporting, photography and writing.
- Assist the managing editor in producing the news and community pages each week using InDesign and Photoshop software, including layout, design, writing headlines and cutlines, photo editing and pagination.
The successful candidate will have at least two years’ experience, a degree in journalism, communications, or a related field, or a combination of experience and education that meets the requirements, as well as demonstrated proficiency in:
- Exemplary people skills
- News and feature reporting, writing and editing skills
- Photography skills
- Page layout and design experience with InDesign and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office products
Hometown News serves our readership audience through print newspapers, websites, feature sections and specialty magazines. We offer a full package of benefits including health and dental insurance, 401k, and paid time off. Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, email your resume, cover letter and references to: