Following months of work with the Polco team, the Wisconsin Newspaper Association is ready to launch its first two polling questions for WNA members.
The initial set of questions focuses on a pair of topics dominating recent headlines: vaping and impeachment. We chose these questions both for their relevance and their potential to generate data-driven stories after polling has been completed.
WNA members who have signed up for an account with Polco can access their local versions of the questions on their dashboards. Those who have not signed up can do so here.
A statewide version also is available for both polls:
- RELATED: Quick guide to getting started with Polco
- RELATED: WNA partners with Polco to provide members with polling tool
What is Polco?
WNA member newspapers who’ve opted-in to the Polco program can easily post, share and embed the standardized polls, making their sites more interactive and engaging readers by opening a dialogue on important issues. Here’s a quick recap of how it works:
- WNA publishes the statewide polls.
- A copy of these polls is made available with your paper’s branding for your distribution to your audiences.
- You can embed the poll on your site and share with your audiences.
- Results are automatically compiled and viewable in your Polco dashboard in real-time.
- The local and statewide results will offer potential story opportunities.
To fully take advantage of Polco’s capabilities and what it can bring to your newspaper and community as a whole, we recommend embedding content on your site in a place where users can easily access it. Many newspapers find that embedding each individual widget on a dedicated “Opinion” or “Community Opinion” page works very well. Another excellent option is embedding the Polco widget within a news story relevant to the question being asked.
If you have any questions about using Polco, please contact Jordan Schelling at email@example.com